PA VetPets 'OverWatch'
First 'Watch' Call was conducted at 6:20pm and lasted for 20 minutes.
VetPets has launched a first line defense against the inner wounds of PTSD and Trauma with Personal Calls and Visits from a community volunteer. We got your back, because sometimes a friendly voice is all you need.
As a first line of defense, this service will aid in decreasing the number of Suicides. Calls and Messages are returned within 2 hours. The calls last 20 minutes to 1 hour. At which point our volunteer may direct the person of interest toward local or national services and professionals that can more greatly assist them on their road to recovery.
Everyone sponsored so far by VetPets because of generous donations has already been added to our once a month 'Watch' Calls. These Calls will start Sept 1st by our first 'Watch' Volunteer.
If someone you know is going through an adverse time, Contact us for more details. As always, if there is an imminent need to interaction call 911 or 998.
'OverWatch' is here as an assist.
This service is FREE.
The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.
Our Motto: Keep our charitable goals simple but significant
Our current goal: To be ready in any capacity when we are called upon to help members of our community that served or continue to serve.
Our next goal: National Level partnerships allow us an availability to help any citizen within the United States. 99% of our donations are from caring people that can only give $5 - $20. We are a neighbor helping neighbors fundraising outreach.
HOW WE HELP
1. We raise money for Persons in need. Not just for dog adoptions, our mission is to be there when the need arises for us to go into action. We strive to stay Mission Ready. Your donations keep us on task and help us complete the small objectives that quite often make significant impacts of those we help.
2. We assist veterans in ways unrelated to animal adoptions through our network of support connections and resources.
3. We Refer Veterans that are new to the area toward professional services and programs in their communities.
4. We Follow Up we monitor and assist when needed and would hope that our relationship continues through the life of the pup we help veterans find.
5. We offer basic wellness as part of our recovery program. Participants have come away from wellness activities with reduced stress and a new perspective on achieving life goals. We seek common ground in one mind set; that freedom from PTSD can be accomplished one day at a time.